The January 2022 QxControl update is now live! In this latest QxControl update for January, significant enhancements have been made to the QxControl mobile experience, making it faster, easier, and more intuitive.
Here's a brief video showing the new January 2022 updates:
Here are the new January 2022 features in detail:
Mobile Performance Improvements
Significant enhancements have been made to the experience of using a mobile device with QxControl, including:
- Smoother viewing and zooming in Digital PTZ due to Improvements to video performance on iOS devices.
- Easier to Use Search (1): Improvements have been made to the toolbar in search to be easier to use, especially while using in landscape mode
- Easier to Use Search (2): Improved event card styling allows more cards to be visible and the event time is easier to read.
- Improved full screen viewing of video, especially when using Digital PTZ
- Improved responsiveness when scrubbing video, and in portrait mode you can now view video in Search and while scrolling through events
Enhancements to live viewing, with the new “Cycle Cameras” feature
The new Cycle Cameras feature in Live allows you to quickly cycle through all available cameras, without having to scroll or search through the widgets. This new feature is especially helpful when trying to quickly locate a real-time event that is occurring or when trying to quickly see what cameras are available in a larger system with many cameras to choose from, especially when viewing from a mobile device.
Other Live Viewing Enhancements
Many other enhancements have been added to improve the experience of viewing Live video on both desktop and mobile, including:
- Digital PTZ will now auto-enable allowing faster access to zooming in on video
- The available on-screen-display now displays milliseconds and AM/PM.
- More efficient use of the CPU when viewing video allowing improved performance
Expanded Technology Partnerships
Over the last three months we have expanded technology partnerships with leading access control vendors, supporting those products in QxControl, and offering those products for sale through Qumulex.
ASSA-ABLOY - Electronic access control is no longer reserved for just the perimeter of a facility. Innovative solutions like Intelligent WiFi and real-time wireless make it easier and more affordable than ever to extend access control to more doors and more applications.
Farpointe Data - Premium OEM contactless identification solutions - both standard and custom - based on 125-kHz proximity, 13.56-MHz smartcard, 433-MHz long-range, and 2.4-GHz mobile technologies.
Sentry Enterprises, the US-based manufacturer of the SentryCard, a self-contained biometric platform designed for proof-positive identification for both physical and logical access control.
- Qumulex-SentryCard Press Release
Also in the January Update: Several other enhancements have also been added to QxControl in the January 2022 update.
Information on this update with a complete list of features, enhancements, and fixes, is available here: QxControl Release Notes.